Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First class III

Yeah a found 3 quads of a class III! Today I found that there is a big difference between a class II and a Class III. My pt today had the most tenacious calculus I have ever seen thus far! There was a lot of supra more way more subgingival calculus. I learned 3 big things: 1st That I must sharpen my instruments. Second, that I should slow down and take my time with harder pts. Third, That being a dental hygienist is tiring. After clinic today my hand, back and head hurt! It really was a lot more work to clean a class III. I wasn't able to completely finish him and will have to bring him back to get a few areas that had a lot of subgingival calculus! It was a good learning experience and helped give me perspective on how difficult calculus can be to remove. He was a great pt and I liked being able to give some new/more specific OHI. Next appointment I want to be able to detect all calculus and take 5 PAs on this pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment