Tuesday, December 6, 2011

COLGATE

In Dental Hygiene 3 we had a guest speaker come from Colgate the famous SUE!! I felt that she was able to give us some very useful information regarding hypersensitivity. I felt like it was good to know the different active ingredients that can help improve pt sensitivity. Along with stannous and sodium fluoride arginine can help reduce dentinal sensitivity. I like the idea of occluding the tubules. I feel that this is a great area where dental hygienist can offer sound advice and help pts find relief from hypersensitivity pain. I like that I'm not only aware of the toothpaste to recommend but that i can now match the active ingredients and also find a sensitivity tooth pate that tastes good. I think that I would recommend the Colgate sensitive Pro-Relief for the active ingredients as well as the taste. Overall, I appreciate the added knowledge the speaker gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment